Wednesday, August 15, 2007

What Is Up With Chris Matthews?


I watch Hardball most nights, much to the annoyance of my politically averse wife. Chris Matthews doesn't seem like a particularly pleasant guy; not someone with whom you want to sit down for a quiet evening, I think. Still, the show has a certain appeal. I mean since they dropped their political Gladiator shows, CNN's got nothing. And Fox? Well, I'll give you Brit Hume, I guess, but after that, what? Hannity? O'Reilly? I'll take the Kool-Aid, please! I do like Olbermann's show, but I'm not that interested, generally in shows hosted by people I substantially agree with. (But as long as he is as annoying to the forces of darkness as he obviously is today -- live long and prosper, Keith!) Hardball satisfies my need for a dose of political combat each day. I don't necessarily agree with the host, and when he provides Ann Coulter with a perch from which to spew bile, I'll go do something else. Still, I think I gain more than I lose by watching the show.

Matthews seems to have a gift. Just about everybody seems to hate him. How do you manage to convince both NewsBusters and Media Matters that you're working for the other side? It takes talent. I don't profess to understand what it means, except that it definitely means I'll keep watching.

2005's Misinformer of the Year (Media Matters)
NewsBusters
More Media Matters

It's double plus good that Michelle Malkin hates him. One more reason to watch his show:
Ambush journalism... or my evening with caveman Chris Matthews

I had to look a liitle harder to find an example, but Think Progress shows some approval

Update: Well, this is more than a little disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment